An Annual General Meeting for any organization should be the most important event in the year for its owners. As members of the BBC, you are its ‘owners’. The AGM is therefore your opportunity to get involved in the way your club is run. You will hear from the Committee about what has happened during the year, question them, elect next year’s officers and propose changes.
Before we start the meeting at 11:00 we will enjoy refreshments starting at 10:30!
Better this year!
To help you to do these things, the Committee has decided to make some changes this year. Firstly, the date has been deferred a little, until 12 November, so that the Treasurer can prepare and issue, in advance of the AGM, the financial report on our activities for the year up to the end of September.
This, together with the general report on our activities, and any proposals or recommendations from the Committee, will be issued to all members at least two weeks before the AGM, so that everyone can consider them in advance. The AGM agenda and papers are here in the Members Area. (If you have lost your password then please ‘click’ here)
We have also changed the timing of the AGM from the to 11:00 and it will be held at the British Consulate as usual. We hope the change of timing will be more convenient for more members.
If you have any suggestions regarding issues, which you would like to be considered at the AGM or if you are interested in serving on the Committee, then please let John, our President, know as soon as possible or include in the online booking form.
Lunch will be at restaurant Le Pere Ouvrard, 39 avenue de la Libération, 33110 LE BOUSCAT There are two car parks near by and the restaurant is situated a short 350 metre walk to the Consulate. Lunch will be three courses plus wine and coffee for a subsidised BBC AGM members price of 19€ normal price 25€) comprising:
Salade de Poitrine de Poulet au cumin
Filet de Canard écrasé de pommes de terre au beurre
Fondant au Chocolat avec sauce nougatine
Vin and Café
- Option 1 – Park near the restaurant Le Pere Ouvrard and walk c350 metres to the Consulate for the meeting. When facing the restaurant entrance in avenue de la Libération, there is an entrance to a public car park immediately on your right
- Option 2- With the restaurant on your right, drive slowly past until you see the Cdiscount store also on your right. There is a car park entrance immediately after Cdiscount and before the next building
- Option 3 – Park in the side streets around and about the Consulate
- Option 1 – Tram Ligne C to Jardin Publique and enjoy a nice walk through the park and then up along rue David Johnson to boulevard President Wilson. c1.9 kms
- Option 2 – Bus stop Carnot is directly opposite the Consulate. Bus stop Barrière du Médoc is approximately 200 metres away from the consulate