Dear BBC Member,
As you are no doubt aware the French government has put in place a directive to restrict movement in order to help combat and reduce spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Essentially, for at least the next 15 days we must quarantine ourselves and only leave the house to do necessary essential trips such as go to the supermarket, pharmacy, doctor’s appointment etc.
In order to carry out these essential tasks you need to down load a form for a certificate of ‘derogatory travel’.
Complete the form, print it and you must have it with at all times when you leave the house. Otherwise if you are stopped by the police you could face a fine of 38€ up to 135€.
Below is a translation of the directive with a link what constitutes essential purchases and travel. Also there is a pdf file of the certificate for you to download at the bottom of this email.
The committee thoughts are with you all at this frustrating and difficult time. Let us hope and pray that we soon be on top and ultimately defeat this dreaded virus. Keep safe all of you and if you need to talk to anyone we are here.
Our very best wishes to you all.
Norma, Ian and all of your committee at the Bordeaux British Community.
Certificate of Derogatory Travel
March 17, 2020
Since January 2020, an epidemic of COVID-19 Coronavirus (ex 2019-nCoV) has spread from China.
Find all the official answers to the questions you ask yourself about Coronavirus COVID-19 and the recommendations for your health on the platform here: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
On March 16, 2020, the President of the Republic decided to take measures to reduce contact and travel to the strict minimum throughout the territory from Tuesday March 17 at 12:00 noon, for a minimum of fifteen days.
Exceptions to the certificate will be possible in the context of:
- Trips between home and the place of exercise of the professional activity, when they are essential for the exercise of activities which cannot be organized by teleworking (on permanent proof) or professional trips which cannot be deferred;
- Trips to make essential purchases in authorized establishments (list on government.fr);
- Travel for health reasons;
- Travel for compelling family reasons, for assistance to vulnerable persons or childcare;
- Brief trips near home linked to physical activity of the individual and the needs of pets but excluding any collective sporting activity, and to the needs of pets.