Due to the number of new cases of contamination which is still high, the advanced curfew is extended to the whole of the metropolitan territory from Saturday January 16, 2021. This curfew is established from 6 pm to 6 am.
Tightening of border controls, reinforced health protocol in schools, face-to-face courses in higher education, opening of vaccination for people with high-risk pathologies …: what to remember from the press conference of the Prime Minister of January 14, 2021.
Curfew from 6 p.m. throughout the country
The measures announced to control the coronavirus epidemic are as follows:
- the curfew is advanced from 8 p.m. to 6 p.m. Already in place in 25 departments, it is extended throughout the metropolitan territory between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. from Saturday January 16, 2021 and for at least 15 days. The exemptions are the same as for the curfew at 8 p.m. All places, shops or services open to the public close at 6 p.m.
During this curfew, only certain trips are possible, provided you have a certificate, in particular:
- to go or come back from his place of work, to vocational training, to make a professional trip that cannot be postponed;
- compelling family reasons, for assistance to vulnerable and precarious people, especially people with disabilities or for childcare;
- medical reasons: going to the hospital, examinations and care that cannot be provided remotely and purchase of medicines;
- participate in missions of general interest at the request of the administrative authority (marauding associations for the fight against poverty or distribution of food aid at home);
- people with disabilities and their companions;
- walk a domestic animal around its home within a radius of 1 km.
- sports or outdoor walks are prohibited during curfew hours;
- during the day, travel is authorized and the certificate is not necessary;
- travel between regions is authorized;
- places of worship must respect a certain gauge ;
- cinemas, theaters and museums remain closed;
- the reception of the public in sports grounds, in circuses, zoological parks or even in gaming rooms and casinos is prohibited;
- restaurants and cafes are closed;
- teleworking should continue whenever possible .
Please note: Any travel during curfew hours without a valid reason or certificate exposes you to a fixed fine of € 135 . Controls will be strengthened.
Warning: If a sharp deterioration in the health situation is observed in the coming days, a new confinement will be decided without delay.
Tightening of border controls
From Monday, January 18, 2021, all travellers entering France from a country outside the European Union must:
- submit a negative PCR test;
- be isolated for 7 days after arriving in France and make a 2 e test at the end of this period.
People who have not been able to carry out a test in their country of departure will have the opportunity to be tested on their arrival in France and will be forced to isolate themselves for 7 days in a place of accommodation designated by the public authorities.
Reminder: The negative test is already required for travelers coming from the United Kingdom.
Teaching: strengthening of the health protocol
Schools and educational establishments remain open with a reinforced health protocol from January 18, 2021.
Physical education and sports (EPS) classes are changed. All indoor sports activities are suspended in schools and out of school.
Primary schools: Stricter measures will be put in place for meal times. There will be no mixing possible between the classes. Students in the same class will eat at the same time, at the same table. If this is not possible, the catering time will be extended and as a last resort take-out meal solutions may be considered.
Colleges: exceptionally, operation in a face-to-face hybrid mode can be adopted.
High schools: operation in hybrid face-to-face-distance mode will be maintained for high schools beyond January 20, 2021. It is recommended that final year students stay in their establishment as much as possible.
Note: Screening capacities will also be greatly strengthened, with the objective of 1 million tests deployed in schools, colleges and high schools by the February holidays. Each time there are 3 cases, a screening team can come on site.
- First-year students at the university will be able to take the tutorial in person in half-groups from January 25, 2021, then if the health situation allows, students from other levels.
- The number of psychologists in universities will be doubled this semester.
- Antigen tests will be available at universities.
Opening of vaccination for people with high-risk pathologies
The people who have conditions at high risk of developing serious forms of Covid-19 will be vaccinated against the Covid-19 from Monday, January 18, 2021 in the vaccination centers. These include people suffering from severe renal insufficiency, those who have had an organ transplant, people undergoing treatment for cancer or those with Down’s syndrome. They must have a medical prescription from their attending physician to benefit. vaccination without age criteria.