This year we are again returning to the stunning Château La Chèze in Floirac for our annual Christmas Party and Dinner.
The price for members is fantastic value at 45€ per person which is unchanged from last year. The price for member’s guests is 55€ per person. Very much an evening to suit everyone. To enjoy good food and wine. To be calm or to be energetic. The choice is yours. Oh ……. and also to enjoy great company in a beautiful environment!
Your evening commences at 7pm with a glass or two of kir petillant and canapes – an opportunity to meet up with friends and to welcome new members.
Followed by a production by the drama group of ‘Murder on the Medoc Express’. This year’s production is definitely not for the squeamish !
The suspense is intense ! Shortlisted for BBC Oscars ! Will they run out of cast members before the shooting, stabbing, poisoning and occasional strangulation are complete ? Will Poiwot, Captain Wastings, Inspector Maigway and Miss Marbles discover who dun it ! Will it be a shambles ? (Editor’s comment: It usually is ! )
Once you have recovered your composure from the drama, dinner will be served.
Please order your choice of each of the three courses in advance.
After dinner there will be dancing to a selection of oldies and goodies and some up to date music into the wee hours of the morning. All those memories will come flooding back! The energetic can enjoy a boogie; maybe a smooch or two for the romantically inclined and we may be sure that some of the old faithfuls (music that is!) will make an appearance.
Or if you are not feeling energetic, just sit and chat with friends and do not worry as the drinks from the ‘Night Bar’ will not run out!
Be calm and chat, relax or be energetic and dance. The choice is totally yours !
Château La Chèze – 27 Avenue Pierre Semirot, 33270 FLOIRAC.
The château was built in the late 19th century on the grounds of a former small fortified castle by a wealthy market gardener. The art nouveau style mansion has been modernized to high standards whilst retaining many of the original charming features. The staff are helpful and friendly and create a great ambience for us to enjoy.
The restaurant is under new management and our food will be prepared and cooked by resident chef Jean-Baptiste Lévy and his team.
* Program for the Evening and Menu – fantastic value for only 45€ !
- 7:00 – 7:30: Welcome Cocktail – Soupe Champenoise with ‘finger food accompaniments’
- 7:30: Please take your seats for dinner
- ‘Murder on the Medoc Express‘ by the BBC Drama Group
- Dinner choices:
- Entrée (to be chosen in advance):
- Foie gras mi-cuit maison et chutney de poires
- OR Raviole de Homard à l’orientale
- Main Course (to be chosen in advance):
- Tronçon de Lotte, embeurrée de poireaux crème poivre pomelos
- OR Pavé de noix de Veau, pommes darphin et sauce périgourdine
- Desert (to be chosen in advance):
- Coulant au Chocolat pépites au sésame
- OR Gratin de Fruits exotique, sorbet à la passion
- Wines and water
- Entrée (to be chosen in advance):
- After Dinner
- Optional dancing
- Optional chatting
- Optional …..
- ‘Night Bar’ – Crémant and wine ( Digestifs such as whisky and gin are available for purchase at the bar )
All for a BBC Member price of 45€ !!
* Dress Code
Completely optional. Come dressed to enjoy yourselves !
If you require further information then please contact Avril whose contact details are here
Please book online here or book direct with Avril.
A cheque made payable to ‘Bordeaux British Community’ for 45€ per BBC member and 50€ per guest is required before the closing date of mid-November.
* Overnight Accommodation
- Château La Chèze – 27 Avenue Pierre Semirot, 33270 FLOIRAC
- The château has 14 rooms but all are now booked by BBC members for the party
There are are a number of good quality lower price local hotels available nearby. Some of these hotels are listed below. Prices will increase as you get closer to Christmas, so book early!
- Hôtel Formule Club – 5 Rue Condorcet, 33150 CENON
- 2.3 km by car from Château La Chèze
- 05 56 32 16 68
- Several of our members have stayed at this hotel and reported good value for money.
- Hôtel Altica – rue de la Gabarre, 33270 FLOIRAC
- 3.4 kms by car from Château La Chèze
- 05 57 97 70 70
- Hôtel F1 – 50 rue Emile Henriot, Quai de la Souys, 33100 BORDEAUX-BASTIDE
- 2.8 km by car from Château La Chèze
- 08 91 70 51 93
- Hôtel Kyriad – 1 Avenue de Paris 33310 LORMONT
- 4 km by car from Château La Chèze
- 08 92 23 48 13
- Booking.com – Special offers.
Recommend that you book your taxi in advance rather than waiting until you need it. When booking your taxi, please make sure that you have the château address to hand which is: Château la Chèze, 27 Avenue Pierre Semirot, 33270 FLOIRAC
- The château reception will book your taxi but do not wait until the last minute !
- Or use Pages Jaune – In the first search box enter ‘taxi’. In the second box enter either Floirac 33270′ or ‘Cenon 33150’. Click ‘Afficher Le No. to display a phone number.