32 tickets sold already! Do not be disappointed, buy your ticket now !
The price for members is 45€, which is the same as last year. The price for member’s guests is 55€.
The evening commences at 7pm with a glass or two of kir petillant and canapes – an opportunity to meet up with friends and to welcome new members. Followed by a 20 minute production by the drama group. This year’s theme is definitely not for the faint-hearted or those with a delicate constitution:
‘Snow White And Her (Not Short Dwarfs) 30 Years On – THE REUNION’
After everyone has recovered from the drama group petit piece, dinner will be a served buffet and will be prepared for us by the highly regarded reputable traiteur ‘DuLou’.
You must order your choice of main course in advance and on the night you will have a choice of one of the starters and one of the desserts. The dinner includes wine and water.
After dinner there will be dancing to a selection of oldies and goodies and some up to date music into the wee hours of the morning and will keep going until there is no one left to dance. All those memories will come flooding back! The energetic can enjoy a boogie; maybe a smooch or two for the romantically inclined and we may be sure that some of the old faithfuls (music that is!) will make an appearance.
Or if you’re not feeling energetic, just sit by the open fire and chat with friends. And the drink will not run out! (Not that we are drunkards or old soaks). So please don’t miss out come and join us!
Last year we all ran out of steam 04:00!
In summary, very much an evening to suit everyone. To enjoy good food and wine. To be calm or to be energetic. The choice is yours. Oh ……. and also to enjoy great company in a beautiful environment!
Château La Chèze – 27 Avenue Pierre Semirot, 33270 FLOIRAC.
The château was built in the late 19th century on the grounds of a former small fortified castle by a wealthy market gardener. The art nouveau style mansion has been modernized to high standards whilst retaining many of the original charming features. The staff are helpful and friendly and create a great ambience for us to enjoy.
On the night you will have a choice of one of the starters and one of the desserts. The dinner includes wine and water. Please let us know your choice of menu by mid-November at the latest.
- Apéro :
- Kir and ‘amuse bouches’
- Entrée (to be chosen on the night):
- Blanc Manger de Saumon, confit de tomate des beaux jours, mascarpone fromagere et tuile au parmesan dans son verre bodega.
- OR Fois Gras Mi Cuit a la fleur de Sel sur Ardoise
- OR Terrine de Crevette aux petits legumes et sauce citronnee
- Main (to be chosen in advance):
- Amboisie de Volaille des Landes farcie a la forestiere, rectangulaire de legumes croquants et pomme de terre.
- OR Dos de Cabillaud roti, legumes du moment et beurre de vin rouge.
- Desert (to be chosen on the night):
- La Tarte aux pommes et notes de cannelle
- OR L’entremet tout chocolat aux notes de caramel au beurre sale.
- OR Verrine mousse aux zestes de citron vert, mangue et passion.
- White and red wine and water
The cost of the evening is 45€ for members and 55€ for non members. A cheque made payable to ‘Bordeaux British Community’ together with your menu choices should be sent to Norma Brooks before the closing date of mid-November.
When using the online booking form, please note the following:
- Do not forget to press ‘Submit’
- If you do not receive a confirmation from Norma within 48 hours then your booking has not been recorded and we ask you to contact the Norma direct for your booking confirmation
* Overnight Accommodation
- Château La Chèze – 27 Avenue Pierre Semirot, 33270 FLOIRAC
- Double and twin rooms are 85€ per night including breakfast. Suites are available at 110€.
- Reservations direct to chateau by contacting Isabelle Jolibois on her mobile 07 78 41 16 31 or the chateau reception on 05 56 73 04 43
- YOU MUST STATE THAT YOU ARE WITH THE BORDEAUX BRITISH PARTY TO GET THE SPECIAL ROOM RATE.
- Please also request an email confirmation of your reservation as last year there was an unfortunate mistake with a booking.
- The château has 14 rooms but some have already been booked by members for the party
There are is a gite and a number of local hotels available nearby. Some of these hotels are listed below. The room rates are for a double room for the night of 2nd December. The prices will increase as we get closer to Christmas, so book early!
- ‘Gites de la Port de Pascale’
- A 10 minute walk from the chateau.
- Contact Mme Remaut on 05 56 86 67 71 or 07 83 45 81 41.
- Hôtel Formule Club – 5 Rue Condorcet, 33150 CENON
- 2.3 km by car from Château La Chèze
- Website here
- Several of our members have stayed at this hotel and reported good value for money.
- Hôtel Altica – rue de la Gabarre, 33270 FLOIRAC
- 3.4 kms by car from Château La Chèze
- 05 57 97 70 70 or website and book on-line here
- Hôtel F1 – 50rueEmileHenriot, QuaidelaSouys, 33100 BORDEAUX-BASTIDE
- 2.8 km by car from Château La Chèze
- 08 91 70 51 93
- Hôtel Kyriad – 1 Avenue de Paris 33310 LORMONT
- 4 km by car from Château La Chèze
- 08 92 23 48 13 or website and on-line reservation here
- Booking.com – Special offers.
* Transport Options
Taxis – Recommend that you book your taxi in advance rather than waiting until you need it. When booking your taxi, please make sure that you have the château address to hand which is: Château La Chèze, 27 Avenue Pierre Semirot, 33270 FLOIRAC
- The château reception will book your taxi but definitely do not wait until the last minute
- 3985.fr – Dial 3985 to make a reservation (note that this is a premium line – 1,35€ plus 0.34€ per minute)
- Aquitaine Taxi Radio – 05 56 86 80 30 or email@example.com (Located in Cenon)
- Pages Jaune – In the first search box enter ‘taxi’ and enter ‘floirac’ or ‘cenon’ in the second box. There are several taxis located in Cenon and Floirac