Please read on if you are a British national resident in France and:
- Without dual French and British nationality
- With or without a legal relationship/partnership with a French national
- With or without an existing ‘old style’ residency card
We received an email (ref below) on 21st December from the British Embassy in Paris with a request to distribute to our membership. The Embassy email was sent to all partner associations in France who have a membership which includes British nationals with a request to distribute to our membership.
Date: 21 December 2020 at 19:13:30 GMT
We are therefore encouraging you all to take action now to ensure that you can continue to live in France after 31 December 2020.
- Apply online for the new residency permit before 1 July 2021, in line with the Withdrawal Agreement. Visit gov.uk/livinginfrance for more information.
- Register for healthcare as a resident in France. Visit gov.uk/livinginfrance for more information. See our video here.
- Check your passport is valid for travel before you book your trip. There will be new rules on travel to Europe from 1 January 2021.
Check the Living in France Guide where you can find the latest information and sign up for email updates: gov.uk/livinginfrance.
In addition to the above, we previously posted an article here which is may be useful for those applying for residency.
The Embassy have also funded several organisations to provide a ‘help service’. The Anglican Diocese in Europe is funded by the British Embassy to provide help to British residents in Nouvelle Aquitaine. Full details to get assistance are here