Wednesday 9th March
Following our visits last year to Chateau La Brede, Parc de l’Ermitage and Lormont old town, Alain will lead a ‘walk-n-talk-n-lunch’ in Bordeaux.
For those who have not attended this type of event before, Alain is extremely knowledgeable about the Bordeaux region and always makes his tours most enjoyable by covering aspects often missed out on the ‘tourist trail’. His events are well prepared, always well attended and much enjoyed.
Format of the day
Meet at 10.15 am on Wednesday 9th March in Bordeaux at The Retired Teachers Club Headquarters, 35 Cours Pasteur (opposite the Musee d’Aquitaine). Seating and washroom facilities are available. Please click here for a map.
In the morning at 10.15
- A short presentation about the Montesquieu family. Montesquieu was an outstanding philosopher, politician and author in 18th Century who has influenced worldwide politics in 21st Century, as well as of course Bordeaux.
- Walk to Rue Paul Louis Lande, Rue du Mirail, Grosse Cloche, Rue Neuve (Montesquieu wife’s home)
Lunch will be at the lovely traditional restaurant ‘Le Loup’ in Rue du Loup situated close to the cathedral.
The price is 25€ for a 3 course menu de jour (a choice of dishes all freshly prepared), 25 cl of wine (2 glasses) and coffee.
- A visit to Academie des Arts et Lettres de Bordeaux
- Visit to l’Eglise St Seurin. We visited the St Seurin last year but this time, Alain will present the church from a different perspective, not as a place of pilgrimage, but how the church’s wealth and patronage materialised.
Meet at 10.15 am, The Retired Teachers Club Headquarters, 35 Cours Pasteur (opposite the musee d’Aquitaine). Please click here for a map.
Tram line B, stop ‘Musee d’Aquitaine’, or 250 metres from tram line A, stop Hotel d’Ville.
I do hope you can join us, Alain is very passionate and knowledgeable, and never fails to deliver an interesting informative tour.
Please complete the online registration form or book direct with Norma B whose contact details are in the membership directory here.
Close date for booking: AM on Saturday 5th March.
When using the on-line booking form, please note the following:
- Do not forget to press ‘Submit’
- If you do not receive a confirmation from the organiser within 48 hours then your booking has not been recorded and we ask you to contact the organiser direct for your booking confirmation.