Vulnerable patients at very high risk, as defined by the orientation council of the vaccine strategy, can be vaccinated gradually, from January 18, 2021. This is what the Prime Minister announced during his press conference of January 14, 2021. What pathologies are concerned? How to make an appointment? Service-Public.fr informs you.
Who is concerned ?
These are patients:
- with cancer and malignant haematological diseases undergoing chemotherapy treatment;
- with severe chronic kidney disease, including dialysis patients;
- transplanted solid organs;
- transplanted by allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation;
- suffering from chronic multiple pathologies and presenting at least two organ failure;
- suffering from certain rare diseases and particularly at risk in the event of infection ( specific list established by the COS and the rare diseases health sectors ) ;
- with Down’s syndrome.
Namely: 800,000 people are concerned.
How to make an appointment?
To ensure that the medical criteria are met, you must first obtain a prescription from your attending physician to benefit from the vaccination without age criteria. Then, you can make an appointment for your two injections:
- online at Santé.fr in the center of your choice;
- by phone, by calling:
- the toll-free number 0800 009 110 is open 7 days a week from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. which directs you directly to the telephone platforms of your chosen vaccination center;
- the vaccination center near you, for which you can find the telephone numbers on the Santé.fr website which offers a complete list of centers open in each department.
Note: Your Mairie, your pharmacist, your doctor or the local press can also provide you with information about the vaccination centers open near you.
Note: On the day of the appointment, you must arrive with your identity card and carte vitale. Vaccination is free.
The original version in french language is here