Latest – Read all about it!
(Website last updated Thursday, 1st October 21:52)
- October Newsletter is available to members here
- Results of the Canal+ survey of UK television viewing habits of the British in France are here (Members only)
- New event: Healthcare, Savings, Tax and Inheritance – Information Event: Martignas – Tuesday, 27th October at 14:30
- New event: Gems of Bordeaux : Tour of Hotel Fruges – Thursday 8th October
- More sold today! – Now only 12 tickets remaining for the Grand Christmas Party – Friday 11th December at the stunning Château La Chèze, Floirac. Details are here
* Visits to Musee de Coudre and the Maison Cantonale: Bordeaux-Bastide – Thursday, 1st October at 10:30
Ever seen a jewel encrusted sewing machine or art-déco in the bastide? Full details of two very interesting visits are here
* Gems of Bordeaux – Guided tour of historic Hôtel Fruges – Thursday 8th October
A guided tour of historic Hôtel Fruges and visit to the Basilique St Seurin.
Further details are here.
* Walk at Labarde near Margaux – Thursday 22nd October
Organiser – Piet. Rest assured the Margaux area is a much easier walk than our Pilat expedition (pictured)!
Click here for details and booking
* Healthcare, Savings, Tax and Inheritance Information Event: Martignas – Tuesday, 27th October at 14:30
The event which was originally scheduled for June has now been arranged for Tuesday 27th October at 14:30. All other arrangements are unchanged.
This is not a social event. It is a series of presentations designed to assist an “étranger” to get the best out of their scarce resources when it comes to healthcare, savings and tax and inheritance. Please click here for full details
* TEE – The English Evening – Thursday 3rd November (Members only)
The Franco-British Business Association invites members of the Association ‘Bordeaux British Community’ to the first edition of TEE – The English Evening. Please click here for full details.
* Annual General Meeting – Thursday 12th November at 10:30
At the British Consulate, 353 boulevard President Wilson, 33073 Bordeaux followed by lunch. For capacity reasons, lunch this year will be at ‘Le Pere Ouvrard’ in Avenue de la Liberation which is only 3-400 meters from the Consulate and has two car parks near by. Lunch will be three courses plus wine and coffee for a very reduced BBC AGM members price of 19€.
Planning for the meeting is under under way and full details are here.
What are Noisettines? Find out on Wednesday, 25th November!
They are delicious!
Details and booking information are here
* Christmas Market & Dinner at ‘Entrecote’ – Friday 4th December
VIN CHAUD, TINSEL AND STEAK (YUMMY YUMMY!) Our annual pilgrimage to the gorgeous Christmas Market followed by a delicious visit to the ‘Entrecote’ restaurant! Please ‘click’ here for full details.
* Grand Christmas Party and Dinner – Friday 11th December at 19:00
By popular demand, after our very successful event last year, we will be returning to the stunning Château La Chèze at Floirac for our 2015 Christmas Dinner and Dance. Full details are here