(Website last updated Wednesday, 3rd February 11:54)
Latest – Read all about it!
- Request from British Embassy in Paris for overseas Brits to register to vote in the EU Referendum. Full details are here
- Activities Week in the Gers 4th – 11th June. Planning details are here
- BBC policy on BREXIT is here
- Montesquieu-About-Town-Walk’n’Lunch Wednesday 9th March – click here for details
- Leap Year Lunch : Café du Port : Bordeaux : Monday 29th February – click here for details
- Menu announced – Lycée Lunch & Ville d’Hiver visit: Arcachon – Thursday 11th February – click here for details
* Phone, Tablet & Computer Workshop: Biscarosse – Thursday, 4th February at 10:30
We are holding our first BBC technology workshop/discussion to help members get the best use from their computers, tablets and smartphones
The workshop will start at 10:30 with a break for lunch and will continue into the afternoon for as long as attendees request (within reason!)
Attendees will be limited to 16 to enable the workshop to be enjoyable, fun and useful.
Full details and online booking are here
* Lycée Lunch + Ville d’Hiver visit : Arcachon : Thursday 11th February
We have made a provisional reservation for 12h at le Restaurant at Lycée Condorcet in Arcachon. This is a school for 15 to 18 year olds who are learning the restaurant trade, and practicing on real life customers! The reservation is for a maximum of 20 guests, and we have to confirm numbers to them by Thursday 4th February.
After lunch, for those who are keen, and depending on the weather, we are planning a walking tour of the Ville d’Hiver. Full details and online reservation are here
* BBC Cinema Group : outing : Thursday 18th February
Monthly visit to the cinema to see a current film. The selected film will usually be in Version Originale (VO) ie English dialogue with french subtitles.
Full details and online booking here
* Leap Year Lunch : Café du Port : Bordeaux : Monday 29th February
Celebrate this Leap Year with us, enjoying a delicious lunch at the well recommended Café du Port.
The restaurant has a lovely ambience and is located on the waters edge near to the Pont Pierre on the opposite side of the river from the city of Bordeaux.
Full information on the menu and booking details are here
* Montesquieu Tour/Lunch : Bordeaux : Wednesday 9th March
Those fortunate enough to join our Chateau la Brede visit in September, will recall Alan Mounolou’s offer to continue Baron de Montesquieu’s remarkable life story, following in his footsteps in Bordeaux.
Montesquieu was an outstanding philosopher, politician and author in 18th Century who has influenced worldwide politics in 21st Century, as well as of course Bordeaux. It promises to be a fascinating tour in Alain’s enthusiastic and knowledgeable hands.
Please click here for full information and booking details.
* Activities Week in the Gers : 4th June until 11th June
The accommodation consists of small independent chalets with double bedroom, kitchen/diner and shower room. The site includes a heated swimming pool and there is a lake and it is adjacent to a golf course.
Each day we would either go on walks (which are gentle) or visit places of interest and villages around. In the evenings we often get together for a meal and drink and there are plenty of places to eat in the area. Lunches are usually picnics on a walk or you may decide to just do your own thing.
Details of the plans for the 2016 event are here
An article about last year’s fun and games is here !)